Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Beware drunken mermaids

I think I may have a new nickname. From the swimming fraternity at least.
About 90% through our training set this morning, we paused for breath before the final high intensity stint of 400m. Chris paddles up and matter of factly says to me "I liken your swimming this morning to that of a drunken mermaid. You're all over the shop!"
Fair comment actually. When I up the intensity I have a bad habit of meandering along the river. I nearly swam down a backwater on monday morning because I wasn't looking where I was going. Now that would be disastrous mid channel to be paddling off in the wrong direction!

Anyway, with that said, I can see the backprint for my team t-shirt already!

Just a reminder, donations to the RNLI can be made through my just giving site www.justgiving.com/Jeremy-Lovell-Davis
donations to the RVCP can be made through my Dad as per the blog post from 4 August.

No comments:

Post a Comment