Monday, August 10, 2009

Just not feeling the love this morning

Groan- I am not feeling it this morning.
After a wonderful weekend on the south coast, finally with some sunshine, the return to the banks of the Thames this morning was a bit of a chore. The boys were just as jaded after a busy weekend of parties though!
I didn’t manage to eat anything after my swim for about an hour and a half, which meant that within an hour of finally eating my body was saying to me, “wait a minute young man, you’ve asked me to work hard, which I did, but you’ve not taken care of me afterwards and I’ve not refueled for two and a half hours. As a result of your ingratitude, I’m going to have a rest now while I wait for the fuel to make a difference. To hell with what your brain thinks, they’re coming along for a kip too.” It was a bit of a battle this morning to get enough umph into the day to be honest! Lesson learned, must eat quickly after the exercise!
Happy trails!

1 comment:

  1. Good job Jezz! As an homage to your massive efforts of late, I will try to rotate swimming into my morning workouts. You are a star :-)
    -Kelley Hishon, Vancouver, Canada

    ReplyDelete