Friday, August 28, 2009

still no joy - but a good morning none the less

We're still no closer to hitting the channel. Pushed back now to maybe Monday or even Tuesday due to the high winds creating a hefty chop in the water. Pilot is not happy with how it's looking.
Apparently his alternative option is to go when the waves die down, even if, EVEN IF we're swimming against the tide. Is this man crazy? The tides can, and often do, run quicker than you can swim! He'd much rather that than swim into a wall of water. Praise the Lord for the gift of experience.

With nothing else to do and no celebration BBQs happening this long weekend, my good lady and I might actually have chance to relax and enjoy the sunny weather we're having. Can't pitch up to this event without some hint of a tan!

It's been a great morning so far, really it has. Our session this morning was a sunny, sociable affair, with our team of four + Matt (our paceman in a wettie) being joined by 7 or so triathletes. We made the jetty feel a pretty small place this morning indeed. The sunshine was actually warm on our backs as we came to the end of the swim and it felt wonderful!
When i got to work i found that i'd made a milestone in my donations, reaching 50% of the target which is brilliant! Chuffed #1.
I then had a missed-call on my phone and listening to the message discovered it was from the Ulladulla radio station 2ST who had been put in touch with me by my ever-resourceful Dad! They wanted to chat to me about the swim. Chuffed #2.
I was gutted to miss them but i'll make tracks to get in touch before we go. International recognition! It's a great feeling! Ok, so many people reading this might not be able to place Ulladulla on a map of the world, but it's close to home and means a lot to me. I appreciate them reaching out and if it helps raise awareness of the RVCP, then I'm all the happier.

Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment